Monday, July 26, 2010

Bodyweight Based Training Programme

I hope you are all doing great! I apologize for the lack of posts lately but with us leaving on holiday and the official launch of Geneva Fitness, we have been a bit busy. However, as I promised before I left, I am here today with another addition to our video series. I know I told you that we were heading off to Tenerife for some island sun and fun but due to a strike in France at the time, our flight was cancelled so we decided to drive down to the South of France. We got to experience the many beautiful beaches on the Côte d'Azur with San Raphael definitely being one of cleanest and best for family fun.

Anyhow, the two clips below are a bodyweight based programme that you can do wherever you are. My aim is to provide you with the knowledge to be able to get a great workout regardless of space, time and location.

The programme below can be done in several different ways. The first example I will give you will be with sets and reps:

Be sure to get a good warm up using a jump rope, jumping jacks, high knees, bum kickers, side shuffles and some press ups. (Stay tuned for our Dynamic Warm Up video)
Perform each exercise for 3 sets of 12 repetitions in a superset format, i.e. complete prescribed repetitions for exercise one and immediately continue to next exercise until all the exercises in superset have been completed, then rest for 60-90 seconds before starting on the next set.

Another option is to perform the workout in an interval format and vary the difficulty of the exercise based on the time and your fitness level. Try using 50 seconds of work with 10 seconds of rest still using a superset format, completing 4-5 rounds for a 16-20 minute workout, that is without resting between supersets. If you are just starting out, rest a minute or so before starting on the next round. So without further ado here is your first of many bodyweight based workouts to get you shredding fat and building lean muscle.

Do this workout two times per week for four weeks along with cardio interval training in between and you will be on your way to a new level of fitness!








I hope you enjoy the workout and if you have any questions on any of the exercises or would like further progressions or regressions of the exercises please leave us a comment below! If we reach 20 comments below I will provide everyone that left a comment with a little audio bonus track to make their 50-10 interval session a lot more fun!

Yours in Health,
Ryan

P.S. Just wanted to let everyone know about our 21 Day Rapid Fat Loss Programme that we will be running on the 16th of August for a select number of Geneva residents. If you are looking for a programme that will help you skyrocket your results then you better click the following link before all the spots are taken, CLICK HERE FOR YOUR DREAM BODY!

5 comments:

  1. So I just finished the workout, it took me around 15 min. to complete and I tried the level 3 exercises which pretty much whipped my butt. This is a really good workout that required little equipment and I can feel it all over my body. I did cheat a little between the supersets and rested one minute instead of 30 seconds but that gives me something to shoot for. I’m going on vacation for eight days starting tomorrow and my goal is to try this workout every morning. Looking forward to what’s next Ryan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you enjoyed the workout Mike! It sounds like you really got after it with the Interval based workout. The rest periods are adjusted to your current fitness levels and the more frequently you train with this format the more improvement you will see with your fitness levels. That is the beauty of this training, as fitness levels increase you can make adjustments with the exercise difficulty or rest periods to keep your body achieving great results.

    Thanks for the great feedback Mike and I want disappoint with the next Bodyweight Training Video!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sooo out of shape! I liked the pain afterwards ! Will try to stick to these and not cheat with the resting times.... cause I did...a little. Best is you can do them anywhere, anytime, no special equipement, just your own will. THANKS! Carolina

    ReplyDelete
  4. My pleasure Carolina! Great to hear that you did the session and,like I told Mike above, the more you do this time of training the fitter you will become and then you can adjust the work and rest times to match your current fitness level. The sky is the limit! I will bring you another video here soon so stay tuned!

    Yours in Health

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks great! Can't wait to try it! Thanks for all the amazing insights and workout programs, Ryan.

    ReplyDelete